Thursday, August 18, 2016

Humility


After that last post I wanted to take an opportunity to cut through the stench of any self-righteousness you may have read into and make clear I STILL HAVE A LOT TO LEARN.  In fact a major reason behind developing this blog, in addition to being a service to my clientele, has been to document my understanding of things related to fitness.

By writing down my current understanding of concepts and movements I'm exposed to anyone who comes across this blog and to myself.  I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I have watched a video of myself demonstrating an exercise only to realize how poorly I performed.

"Didn't this idiot just get done telling us how important it is to stack the hip over the knee?"

Many of these videos were taken a long time ago and my understanding of some movements has developed since then.
"Where's that reach at the top you think is so important, Trev?"

That being the case I plan on reshooting many of the videos and using the old ones to juxtapose my developing thoughts on movements against my previous understanding.  I will however point out that I don't consider any of these errors in movement to be dangerous and thats whats most important.  I don't move perfectly and I don't expect you to. We're all built differently and carry with us our own asymmetries, making perfect movement an impossibility.  Impossible is a friggin' awesome goal though. You know, shooting for the moon and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment